14 September 2016

Grease: The Greasy Truth Edition

Stripped of its veneer of good music, this is the real story of Grease.

***


"I like you, Sandy, and you like me. Perhaps this could be the start of something beautiful."


"Oh, but you're a wholesome, clean, all-Australian girl and I'm a greasy nogoodnik who hangs out with a pack of juvenile delinquents (emphasis on juvenile)."


"Time to put on my asshole face and treat you like shit. After all, I can't let the guys know I like girls like you."


"I like Danny, and I know that under the PRICKly exterior he's a nice guy, but nothing is working out between us. What should I do?"


"My girlfriends and I are going to mock you and beat you down 'til you get with the program, bitch!"


"I understand now! In order to be together, Danny and I don't need to respect one another's differences and love each other for who we are. I just need to ..."


"... change to a skank who wears tight leather and sucks carcinogenic toxins down into her lungs."


"Watch us drive away into a future of unwanted pregnancy, mutual loathing, adultery, alcoholism, and possibly spousal abuse."

No comments:

Post a Comment